Exodus 2: 21-22
So this week I decided to forge ahead and do two lessons in one week and I am sure glad I did….this has been something I really needed…..a confirmation from God for me on the purpose of this dry land I am walking in right now. Thank you Lisa!
1. Have you ever found yourself ‘in faith’ yet bewildered or demoralized?
Well this feels exactly like the place I am now…..I feel both of those things.
2. Do you consider yourself content? Would you describe it as Decidedly Content or Dreamily Content?
I am trying real hard to be decidedly content right now……..I know that what I am going through right now is necessary for a time.
3. If you are not content, are there circumstances that keep you from this feeling?
I am impatient…….I want the dream/call to happen now……but I know I have allot of work to do on myself and follow God’s leading not my own will…..but it’s a really tough place to be in…..
4. Have you ever found yourself in a place where you looked back on a period of your Christian walk and believed a great opportunity passed you by?
I think I missed out on allot because I didn’t pursue my calling earlier in my life…….and now I am 40 and sometimes it feels like I am already to old for the calling I have on my life. I feel like I missed allot in my 20’s and early 30 because of my selfishness and just living for the things I wanted to get. I admire women who pursue their calling early in their life………
5. Do you ever believe your faith was stronger in an earlier time in your Christianity and find yourself floundering now?
I honestly feel that my faith is stronger now than it has ever been………there have always been periods of strength and periods of floundering for me…..but as I get older the floundering seems to be less and less…….don’t get me wrong I am not perfect…….I have allot of work to do on becoming the woman God has called me to be but I don’t question everything like I used to……I am learning to keep going and keep walking……….learning to pick myself back up and just keep walking…..
6. Can you recognize that this season may be one of great preparation instead of a period of “I Was”?
I guess I am starting to believe that this is a season of preparation but at the same time I constantly feel like time is running out for me to complete this calling God has on my life……I mean who really wants an “older” person running their music & worship dept? Those are the things I am struggling with these days…..I know it’s silly but those are my feelings today. Why would he “prepare me” for something if I was to old to complete the task ahead right? So I will forge ahead into the great unknown…. but I really can relate to Moses when he said “I Was. I was in the position to save the Egyptians. I was going to be their deliverer. I was going to do mighty things for You, God. I really was.”
Lord help me eliminate the voice of self doubt in my head that says to me “I was and now it’s to late” Help me to walk out into the purposes you have for me in confidence knowing you have it all mapped out….I just need to trust you and keep walking! Amen!