- I am thankful for a great massage therapist that I tried today……it was a birthday present from my Mom. My Fibromyalgia’s been acting up and she knew exactly the spots that needed attention…….as I side note I am thankful I am not paralyzed and can feel pain, it reminds me that I have body parts that still work……
- I am thankful for my friends, you are such a blessing to me……..you just don’t even know how much!
- I am thankful for Coke Zero…….I ran out last night…..need I say more?
- I am thankful for my bed……it helps me get the rest I need!
- I am thankful for my Dad who is having a birthday today……I love you Dad!
I could tell you so many stories about my Dad but this is his typical farmer look with a grin on his face like a Cheshire cat who finally got that darned canary. Don’t worry Dad I won’t tell anyone how old you are………it’s too bad I don’t have a picture of him taking his fake tooth out….now that would get a laugh!
Here’s a story you might appreciate…….at the farm the corral surrounding the land where cattle go out to pasture is an electric fence……..not huge voltage but just enough to keep wayward cattle inside of it……….and my hubby was working for my Dad at the time and there were a few places in the fence that needed mending so my Dad sent Barry out to do some fence fixing……and Barry goes and unplugs the electric fence so he could work on the fence……so he goes to this place across the pasture an he’s working on the fence and all the sudden he gets these shocks……..and of course they kind of make you jump up and down a little……and he looked over to where my Dad was rolling on the ground laughing right next to the plug where the fencer was plugged in. Now I believe…..not one hired hand has missed out on this particular joke my Dad likes to initiate them with and he laughs just as hard every single time……..
- I am thankful for Hope…..I don’t know what I would do if there was no hope!
guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”
Psalms 31:24 says “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.”
Psalms 33:18-22 says “But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.”