Well now…..isn’t that just life? It never quite works out like we plan it to…….hence my title…”God is in control…..NOT ME!”
1. It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you “once, twice, three times a lady.” Where are you in this progression? Obviously we have all been physically born, but are you ‘twice a lady’? Have you been born again spiritually?
In this progression of being, once, twice three times a lady…..I believe I am at the 3rd stage. I received Christ in my heart at a very young age….I grew up in a Christian home and we were raise to believe in the need for a Savior really early. When I was 18 I was confused about my spiritual life though so I decided to go to Bible School and it’s one of the best decisions I have made in my life….it was at this time I decided to live as a Christian….not just use the words, it became my faith, not my parents faith…..
2. Are you three times a lady? Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a ‘deliverer’? Do you have a desire or are you already meeting a need in the life of the church, a particular ministry (such as jail ministry, food ministry, etc.) or perhaps individuals who share common issues?
This is a passion of mine…to live a life of significance….not to people but to God….God continues to stir me and I continue to walk the path He his leading me in…..learning to use and seek out my spiritual gifts is something I have really been doing only in the last 3 years but it’s extremely fulfilling to walk the path and see the fruit….I have been working in a ministry for the last year called Women’s Encounter where women come from all different backgrounds and can meet Christ for spiritual renewal or spiritual awakening….it’s an amazing, exciting day where I feel like I am finally “fitting” in ministry, I am also helping out with the group that meets after the day for mentoring and discipleship……I have witnessed many women come to know Jesus for the very first time through this ministry and that is very exciting for me….
3. Do you ever get tired of waiting for that opportunity to do something
worthwhile for God? Do you ever feel God is using someone else instead of you?
This has been my question as of late because I know that there is more that I could be doing but I am waiting on God to direct me……it is tiring because it involves closed doors and sometimes doors slammed in your face…I often feel that maybe it’s better He’s using someone else rather than me because I fail Him so much.
4. What do you consider ‘worthwhile ministry’? Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?
This is a good question and I really have to think about it! I consider all ministry to be worthwhile but there are specific things I know I am not good at. I have tried teaching in children’s ministry….I don’t have the patience for it but I really admire those who do have the patience for it…..I think big is a matter of perspective…..I wonder sometimes if I am mistaken on what God wants me to do because it’s not a behind the scenes kind of ministry and maybe it should be to humble me……it’s often I question I throw around in my mind.
5. Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts test? If yes, what are yours? If no, here’s a good one from Ephesians 4 Ministry. Will you take it and come back with a response? Knowing some of you like I already do, I can almost pick out what your gift is before you say it. I can’t wait to see if I’m right!
My Spiritual gifts are
I knew what they were before I took the test but it was a nice confirmation that I am not just imagining things when it comes to my strengths.
Thank you Lisa for putting this study together…it’s given me allot to think about and I have been able to share some of what I am learning with a couple of the ladies I know!