I am thankful today for the many blessings this week has brought me
- For my friends and family who took the time to celebrate my birthday with me….twice! You heard me…I had two parties! (I loved it even if I did turn 40, feel free to check out the expanded version of the party pictures)
- I am thankful that I have a sense of humor……or else I would have smacked my honey several time this weekend when he walked around church loudly declaring “my wife turns 40 today, fourty, fourty, fourty….”
- I am thankful that we were able to save our little cockatiel from death this week. He is such a nice little bird and we would have missed him terribly had he died. (We turned on our air conditioner on Sunday and it seems he got a bit chilled) Luckily my daughter noticed he was not feeling well and we got him on antibiotics in time I think.
- I am thankful that recording is going well at the studio and that Wes has the patience to keep doing takes over and over again when I mess up.
- I am thankful that we finally got our yard in reasonable looking shape. My hubby did allot of work on Saturday to clean up the garbage left behind from the former owners of this house. I love a nice looking yard.
- I am thankful for all the gifts I received for my birthday…..for my little fountain, my mini rotter tiller to help me keep my flowers weed free, for a great book called “When a woman discovers her dream” by Cindi McMenamin, some sweet smelling hand soap, some amazing body lotion & body butter from Victoria secret, and a gift certificate to get some more books(I love love love reading so I am stocked up for a while now) and a gift certificate for a massage which I am really looking forward to using! Plus I got my favorite birthday cake of all time, chocolate, yummy!
- Last but not least I am very thankful for my Mother who is such a blessing in my life…..we don’t always agree but I know she loves me……..and we look alike to and if I look half as good as her at 62 I will be really lucky! She is also a really amazing grandmother…..Cassandra especially would not know what to do with out you MOM! We love you! For more reading on Thankful Thursday please visit
Iris @ Sting my Heart