Today is my Birthday……and you know I always have said that I never want to be one of those women who tries to hide their age…..I want to look younger yes but I don’t want to be one of those women who dread getting older…….this week my famous statement as been “It is what it is”….there is no hiding from it……I am 40. So since I am considered older now…..I will share some of my wisdom with you……
- never ever walk into my Dad’s barn with all his cows without knowing where all the gutters are……just about every new person my Dad has hired at the farm has fallen into a gutter full of manure at least once……..and no manure does not make your skin glow…….trust me I should know!
- Climbing to the top of a 90 foot silo does not cure you of your fear of heights no matter how hard you try.
- Don’t wait to make a list of things you want to do in your life until you are 40…..I really wish I would have done it allot sooner.
- Stats are pretty high that even if I did lose the weight I want to lose and look amazing for a short period of time……I would gain back all that weight plus an extra 50 or so…….so I have stopped trying to lose weight……I can’t afford to get any heavier!
- Stop and smell the roses……..life is to short to be rushing around and wasting half of it on something that counts for nothing in the end.
- My kids do not need to be in every sport and every music lesson to be well rounded children…….sure they are in a couple of things they love, but, I refuse to burn them out so that I know I accomplished something with them. They need to be kids and I need to let them be kids!
- Make sure you have a good bed to sleep on because sleep is essential to healing and keeping your body healthy………I love my bed…..
- Make sure that you always treat every stranger with respect….you never know when that person turns out to be someone who needed to be respected that day.
- Laugh as much as possible…..Play as many practical jokes as you can……Laugh when someone pulls a practice joke on you….it means they love you!
- Surround yourself with people who love you and tell you they love you……it’s the definition of happiness…..
“God give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference”…..isn’t that the challenge?
Wish you could join the party? I wish you could be here too…..we are having a blast!