- A real friend is thoughtful & really cares about all the details in her friends life no matter how insignificant
- A real friend listens and is willing to be her friends needs ahead of hers.
- A real friend always looks for ways to build her friend up.
- A real friend always tells the truth no matter how painful the process.
- A real friend is a friend even when they don’t feel like being your friend. They always forgive and walk with you during difficult times.
- A real friend measures her words so that she will never say anything that will hurt or damage that friend even when frustrated or angry with her. When the truth needs to be told it’s always measured with love.
- A real friend takes interest in her friends interests even if it’s boring to her, just because……if its something her friend is interested in, well, then there must be something good about it!
Those are just a few things that I try to hold myself to as a friend to others…..it’s tough sometimes when friend betrays you or say something that hurts you……..as a Christian I really believe we are called to a higher standard……it’s not easy but it’s very rewarding. Here are a few things the Bible says about friendship.
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
So Today I am thankful for my friends…..past & present…..you know who you are……THANK YOU for being my friend! I am extremely grateful for you!
It’s my hubby’s 40th Birthday today so it would not be right without saying hot grateful I am for him…..he’s my rock!
One more thing…..a real friend will sacrifice personal sleep to come sit in the hot tub with you…..LOL……Thanks for your sacrifice Darla! ‘Hugs’
For more Thankful Thursday please visit Iris @ Sting my heart