1. My son has been coming home with his reports from his classes and I am proud to say that his marks have come up ALLOT. 94 in English, Social 86.6, Math 74.
I have to explain a little because for most of you, you wouldn’t understand….
Last year we had to pull him out of the school he was attending because he had been bullied for 4-5 years and the last straw was when he came home on day just before Christmas last year with bruises all over his torso. We moved him to the high school in the next town and when we moved him his average was less than 70% in all subjects. He was so focused on just staying ahead of the bullies that he couldn’t focus on his school work…….We got very little help from the school so we moved him………And believe me that was scary because we put him into a school that is 3 times the size of the school here in Osler. We were not sure that we made the right decision at the time but now……..I have to say………YIPPEEEEE!
He has friends, his marks have come up its all I can do to stay in my seat right now.
2. My daughter is a good kid she is a straight A student……For the life of me I don’t know who she got it from but she did and I am proud of her. She also decided to start taking piano again this year and she is doing really good. I pulled her out last year because she just didn’t practice enough and I felt it was a waste of money when she didn’t practice. This year she asked to get back in and I don’t have to remind her to practice……….She does it all on her own! It’s great!
3. I am getting the opportunity to intern at one of the largest churches in the city…hopefully anyways….All the details have not been worked out but I am positive that this will be a great learning experience for me. I am a little frustrated that the details are taking so long to get worked out but oh well that is how life works sometime. I won’t dwell on it!
4. Barry and I are getting along better than we have in a long time. Our anniversary is coming up and we will have been married 14 years Dec 28……..Maybe that is the magic number or maybe my training is finally kicking in…….LOL (I am kidding Hun) or maybe I am just mellowing with age! Either way this is a positive thing!
Moving on …….. I have gotten into chapters 3 &4 of the book I am reading called
“Big girls don’t whine”.
Some little nuggets of truth from those chapters;
– The tongue is one of the first markers of maturity
Your words are a dead giveaway especially if you are tired, hungry, or just plain ticked. Little Girl speech can be defined as saying what you want to say, when you want to say it, to whomever you want to say it. It takes no one into consideration.
The Big Girl knows that her speech matters. She knows that she has the power of life and death in her tongue (Proverbs 18:21)
*You can always add to a conversation at the appropriate time, but you never can erase words once spoken.
– Big girls plant their spiritual feet firmly in the Lord. They don’t waffle back and forth between “He loves me, He loves me not” Big girls have come to realize that they can’t do it on their own, they need the Lord!
-Big girls over look transgressions, they don’t spend allot of time on the little stuff. They cut each other allot of slack and recognize that no two women are going to see things the same way. “He who conceals a transgression seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates intimate friends” prop. 17:9
-Big girls rejoice in the Lord (Phil 4:4)
Attitude is everything, and big girls know that whatever is going on, the way they respond is crucial
– Big girls are reasonable
“let your gentle spirit be known to all men. Phil 4:5
big girls are reasonable. They aren’t pushovers, but they can be reasoned with.
*Your capacity to think is your greatest asset. Mature thinking produces mature living.
– Big girls embrace the peace of God
“Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let you requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:6-7
Anxiety does you no good. It only creates a feeling of being out of control and having absolutely no power. Knowing that about us God invites us to tell Him all about it…….
– Big girls dwell on what is true Phil4:8
Circumstances rarely change, but how you feel about the circumstances can change dramatically as you alter the way that you think. Your thoughts aren’t under the control of another person. You can hear what other people may say, but you don’t have to take their words into your mind and dwell on them. How you feel is up to you, not to anyone else in your life.
Wow……..Ok so that was only chapter 3….Are you getting that this is going to be an incredibly hard process for me? Chapter 4 was mainly for single women so I won’t post allot of that cause I’m not single………I did however read it and if you are single and struggle you need to read this book…………It is amazing and eye opening……….And yes very scary because I realize that allot of what I do and how I react and think is wrong. You know the saying “Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks” well I am getting up there, and set in my ways, I need to change some of these things before its to late and I just become old and bitter. I would love to be that quiet graceful person the Bible talks about, but some of that is just not in my personality. I am like a bull in china shop most days! My pastor says I am a task oriented person more that I people oriented person. Its not that I don’t care about people, I just tend to get caught up in what I am doing and forget those around me……sigh…….the very thing I am complaining about when it comes to the people in my life! Maybe that’s why it bugs me so much……..because I see myself in it! Are all of you sharing my “lightbulb moment”? OK well I think I have enough insight for today…………… Blessings to all my fellow bloggers!