It’s been 5 years since I have felt the desire to write anything…and now I feel like I have so much to say but where do I start??
I feel like I am always in a state of re evaluation…which really sucks when it comes down to it because it means I’m never just satisfied…with life, with my job, with my abilities…it is something I am working on but just when you think you are getting it there is a major set back.
So in 5 years what have I learned?
- I have learned to be quiet. My voice is not the most important one and sometimes it’s good to be quiet and just listen.
- I have learned to be careful, I’m more careful about who I allow to be a significant player in my life. Not just anyone is trusted…which is sad in some ways and really good in other ways.
- I’ve learned to just take things at face value, sometimes life just sucks and that is reality, other days life is wonderful and I try to enjoy those days.
- I’ve learned not to compare myself to everyone else (especially that type A personality), my personality has certain limitations which also limits the type of people who want to be my friend…that is ok!
- I’ve learned that being real is a valuable asset and hiding behind a facade of perfection is not what Jesus would want for me.
- I’ve learned that I am extremely flawed and that in my imperfection is where God can do his best work and I need to just let him do it.
My favorite verses lately come from 1 Cor 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
So today, the only striving to do is to NOT to be the clanging symbol and to be real enough that people can see Christ’s love in me. Nothing else really matters
So I am really excited to hit the dog show circut again this year. I’m getting my Westie ready…she is such a nice little dog. We should do good this year with her I hope!
I am also purchasing my first Yorkie show dog, I am hoping to go and pick him up in February. I wanted to introduce you to my first BOY dog ever….His name is NITRO aka “Jala’s Explosively Charged”. I am sooo excited to get him! Showing him this year will be lots of fun
Jala's Explosively Charged aka Nitro
The Shows we are attending this year are; March 5-7 – Prince Albert. April 9-11 -Battleford. April 30-May 2 – Saskatoon. July 2-4 – Cold Lake, AB. Sept 17-19 – Balgonie…..those are the shows we have decided on going to this year but there may be more depending on time & money.
My Friend Tanya & I & Cassandra will be going to all these shows together and I am looking forward to hanging out with my friend, my daugther and a whole bunch of dogs. I know many people think I am strange but I really don’t care, the dog showing world is a whole new world and I love it. I am learning so much everyday and there are more people just like me there, we have a blast! There are always things that are discouraging, like the politics involved or the fact that it is a really expensive hobby but if you go in just looking to have fun, the politics & the expenses are a small burden to bear in the grand scheme of things.
It is a really cold day today, January is always a hard month for me but today the Sun is shining so it doesn’t seem as bad as it really is. I hope you are are warm and cozy where ever you are today, Thanks for stopping by, OH & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This year has been a difficult one for me. I really don’t know how to explain it….I feel like I am wandering in a wilderness and no matter where I turn there is darkness. Logically Know that I am not walking this road alone but I feel alone. I know one day I will look back (I Hope) and know that this will have worked out to my good but it the mean time I am not sure what to do. I am so angry, I don’t know how else to describe the feeling other than anger. I am trying not to let it consume me & work through it but where is the end? Just when I think I may be coming to the end of all of this, another issue pops up! All the years of being told how to feel and think, the years of being walked on, taken for granted are bringing my anger to the surface. I am told by my counselor that my feelings are perfectly normal but I feel VERY abnormal. I am re-evaluating EVERYTHING! My protective walls are getting bigger instead of smaller, my attitude stinks in just about every area of my life and I feel like I have just resigned myself to the fact that I am a miserable person. The voices in my head are really loud these days, you know the voice that says “you will NEVER measure up” “you will never be someone who makes a difference” … and for me right now just trying to block those voices is so tiring. I am trying to muddle my way through this mess I have made of my life so hopefully on the other side of it I will be a better person. So for me…I am GLAD this year is over! Bring on 2010, it can only get better!
My daughter asked me when I would start posting again because she is blogging again so I really do advise you to check out my daughter’s blog. She is such an encourager and growing in her faith by leaps & bounds. I wish I could post more encouraging words right now but my hope is that 2010 will bring new breakthroughs for me.
Thanks for stopping by & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Well it’s been awhile since I have participated in Thankful Thursday but it’s definitely a habit that I need to get back into so today here is my thankful list;
- These are my Yorkie puppies – They are 5 wks old today! It’s hard to describe unless you are a crazy dog person like me but these little guys bring me so much joy. I will only have them for 12 wks and then they will go to their new homes and seeing the people’s faces as they take their puppy home is also a Joy I cannot explain.
- This is Chiqui, she is my sister’s dog! This weekend is the Saskatoon dog show and I have entered her in it. I love dog shows and this will be my first show that I am participating in…she is also the reason I am up so early. I could not sleep after 5 a.m. this morning because of all that I need to do to get her ready for the show this weekend :o)
- Lastly I am thankful for the blessings in my life….my kids, my husband our home. God is so good to me!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit Laurie @ Women Taking a Stand to participate in Thankful Thursday
Well it’s been a long time since I have been here and it kind of feels like coming back to a long lost friend!
Working full time has taken allot out of me and sometimes I wonder how long I will be able to keep up the pace that I am going at right now. I just changed jobs again, my last job was so stressful that I just had to leave. The environment, the people….it was just a really difficult place to work and I finally after 10 months of working there just couldn’t do it anymore. When your job is something that you dread every day it really is time to change jobs because it effects everything in your life. It makes you more tired, always on edge and robs you of joy. I have learnt that the older I get I must do things that bring me joy not rob me of it. So I am now on a Journey to JOY!
Learning to live in constant Joy is definitely hard for me since my natural tendancy is to be negative and look for things to complain about. The verses in James 1 reminds me though that even in difficult circumstances that joy is possible but it must be a decision or an act of my will. So with my whole being I am seeking JOY, to live constantly with a positive attitude and the mind of Christ. I can only change me, I cannot control others or how they treat me, I can’t even control my kids and the decisions that they might make. The stuff I am struggling with now is learning to say no to things that rob me of joy because I feel obligated to stay in the difficult circumstance like my job. Where is that line between seeking JOY in EVERY circumstance and walking away when things just suck the life out of you. I struggle with being TOO responsible sometimes, does anyone else feel this way? I have always been the responsbile one, the person that you could count on no matter what to get the job done without counting the personal cost to me or my family. Sometimes being responsible is a bad thing because guilt is my constant companion if I do not fufill all the obligations I agreed to do or say no to someones request of me. At this point in my life I feel like I am not looking after myself properly because of my need to be responsible. Am I the only one who feels this way?
So here is my list of things that bring me JOY today;
- my teenagers – without a doubt they are the most wonderful Adults in training and I am so blessed that God gave them to me. Is it hard raising teenagers? YES but I would not trade it for anything in the world.
- my dogs – they never talk back need I say more?
- my puppies – my yorkie had 3 beautiful puppies and they are just the most beautiful things in the world right now.
- camping – I love camping, I love being out somewhere new exploring and the beauty God has created. I could live in my camper I love it so much.
- my new job – it’s so much fun just trying out a whole bunch of different places.
Well those are my thoughts for today….I know not allot of people come here to read my blog anymore but if you do happen to stop by please take a minute to leave a comment and say HI.
Let me introduce you to my newest passion….showing dogs. Ok so it’s not the best picture of me but look at the dog…her name is Chatty and last weekend she completed her championship(earned a total of 10 points in the show ring).
I was so honored that my friend Nancy not only asked me to support her this weekend but she also asked me to help show Rico. It was my first time in the show ring and I did not do the best but it made me want to learn more about being a great handler.
Now I know all of you are thinking…she’s always been a little crazy….and you know what…I think I am sometimes, but this weekend I found a whole bunch of crazy men & women just like me and I had a blast. There was no one saying ‘why do you want another dog?’ Everyone was just like me and could have 5 or 6 dogs or more…it felt so good to fit in just because of my love of dogs. Now these guys are pretty special in my eyes because they are Yorkshire terriers, there is something about this breed that just makes you fall in love instantly and all of you know my sweetie is a Yorkie. She is the reason all of this began.
Now this is Chiqui (Cheeky). She is a Westie or West Highland White Terrier and she hopefully will be the dog I am showing in Fall of this year or spring of next year depending on how fast we can get her ready.
Chiqui is my sister & brother in laws dog and she is a beauty. She’s only 7 months old but I can hardly wait to see her in the show ring.
Anyways that is the crazy dog lady’s update….I hope you enjoyed the pictures!